This is the easiest and fastest way to install FreeSWITCH on macOS. To perform a Homebrew installation use the macOS Homebrew Installation instructions.
- Easiest method to install FreeSWITCH™.
- Apple Silicon and Intel versions available.
- Support for the last three macOS versions.
- Utilizes the least disk space.
- Is provided as a runtime only version, so building optional modules from source is difficult but not usually required.
- Only provides the current production version.
- Is maintained independently from this wiki with very limited information. The information Information on this wiki is from limited to testing results since the Homebrew version is maintained independently from this wiki.
macOS FreeSWITCH™ Installer (macFI)
The macOS FreeSWITCH™ Installer performs identical functions as a manual installation with additions such as logging.
The macOS FreeSWITCH™ Installer automates all of the manual steps, providing much simpler and faster installation. The macFI information and download is located at macOS macFI Installation.
- The same as manual installation below.
- Much faster than manual installation performing identical steps.
- Auto renaming existing FreeSWITCH™ directories before installation to preserve them.
- Creation of logs for each installation step.
- The same as manual installation below, except faster.
A manual installation requires use of macOS Terminal to enter commands, setup directories, install prerequisites and FreeSWITCH™. To perform a manual installation use the macOS Manual Installation instructions.
- Provides access to current release, master (next test versionrelease), and updated current FreeSWITCH versions.
- Building from source provides adding optional modules easily.
- Testing is performed for this wiki so information is extensive.
- Longest method to install FreeSWITCH™.
- Utilizes more disk space than the Homebrew version.
- No Apple Silicon testing for now.